Tuesday 13 December 2016

Trip to Bethlehem


A local event was putting on a free trip to 'Bethlehem' at the start of December and as a new parents excited for all the magic of Christmas, I signed us up straight away. 

For a free event it was bloody wonderful. We started in a poetry class where the Children got to decorate pot ornaments which was later baked and glossed to be taken home, afterwards they had the carpentry lesson where they made wooden tree ornaments, which lead us to my favourite, the donkeys! Yep, my 11 week old baby got to ride a Donkey with the help of his Daddy! 

This then lead us to the inn's, where we was greeted with cake and tea/coffee or juice/milk for Children. Afterwards we went digging for gold, spoke to the sleeping Shepherds, put our gifts for the homeless people of Manchester beside baby Jesus and then the Children met Santa and got to pick out a small gift. 

This was Williams first opportunity to meet Santa and it was really amazing to see. He asked him for a Jumperoo and I think my good boy might just be receiving one on December 25th ;) 

I have never really looked at the free events in my area, this was my first which was run by the local Church in aid of getting food and treats to the Homeless for Christmas. What a magical day that also did some good for others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment