Tuesday 18 April 2017

My First Mothers Day


I know Mothers Day was now a few weeks ago but I want to remember all the details, so thought better late than never of noting down my very first Mothers Day!

I woke up in a bit of a downer of a mood.... mainly because William's sleep at that point was so horrendous, I was basically sitting up all night in a dark, lonely room, with a baby who would be asleep in my arms and wake as soon as he went near his cot, a sleeping partner and not a lot else. 

Matt was amazing though, he took William at his 6am wake up call so I could have a lie in, then at 8:30ish, he and William woke me up with breakfast in bed... not just any breakfast, but it was pain au chocolate and croissants!! William and Matt got me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, Matt had them put together specially so they would include daffodils as they are my favourite! I also got some swimming goggles for my weekly swim with my Dad as we had been sharing his pair up until that point.

I then, completely exhausted had a further 2 hours of glorious sleep! By midday we was all up and dressed and went for a walk. I have been itching to take William around Lymm Damn in his baby carrier for so long and thats exactly what we did! It was the first hot day of the year and I finally got to wear something that wasn't leggings! With William in his sun hat, we got him in his carrier and had a walk round the damn, a really lovely family saw us trying to take pictures and took a nice one of the 3 of us which wasn't a selfie, out of everything I wanted to do on Mothers Day, a walk was number one! We then had a trip to our local garden centre where we bought some firewood to use in the Chimnea that evening. 

I had such a wonderful day, I used to think to have a great day you had to make the most of it and be out the door at 9am... having a baby has made me realise that, getting out the door that early for a day out is just not realistic, for a long time this would bring me so much stress, seeing the hours of the day pass by and me not even being out the door yet, but I think I'm not in the best place of realising, a happy morning and getting out the door later on with a well napped baby is definitely the best way to enjoy everything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment